[MEncoder-users] 120 minute video creates a 6.2gb vob

Alex Bennee kernel-hacker at bennee.com
Mon Mar 2 10:21:16 CET 2009

Hi,

I've got some region 1 discs I wanted to re-burn as region free so I
can play them on my DVD player. The episode on each disc is around 120
minutes long. Curiously an lsdvd of the disc shows two 120 minute
tracks but both play the same (different sound encodings maybe?).

When I used dumpstream to extract the vob for a track I get a 6.2gb VOB
which seems a little big. Is there anything I can do to find out if
there is any extraneous information in the stream I can strip out.

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
CV: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/cv.php