[MEncoder-users] Mencoder Missing SUbtitles

Mick Pond pondyy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 07:50:32 CEST 2009

I have been having some issues encoding dvd compliant mpg files, and adding
subtitles to the video (forced I can live with, but would rather optional).
I am using .srt file, the process seems to complete with no errors, however
it seems to just skip some of the subtitles all together.

I am using mythbuntu (Jaunty), using the following command:

mencoder mplex_test_before_subs.mpg -mc 0 -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg2video:vbitrate=2500:ilme:ildct:acodec=ac3:abitrate=192 -msglevel
all=6 -mpegopts format=dvd -sub test.srt -subfont-text-scale 2.5 -o
ABC_with_Subs_2.5_test.mpg

Even with the msg level set so high, there is still no error produced.