[MEncoder-users] incomplete passlog file?

Matyas mplayer.list at sustik.com
Sun Jul 26 18:44:25 CEST 2009

Grozdan wrote:
> using gcc 4.3.2. It is know that gcc 4.4.0 can produce faulty binaries
> but I just mention this since I don't know if you used this version to
> compile your bins. There's definitely something wrong on your side.

Well? > gcc --version
gcc (Debian 4.3.2-1.1) 4.3.2
Well? > /usr/local/bin/x264 --version
x264 0.68.1189 9d0b5e9
built on Jul 26 2009, gcc: 4.3.2
Well? > mencoder
MEncoder SVN-r29433-4.3.2 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
Well? > strings test.29433.avi | grep x264
x264 - core 65 r1073 6a4a9be

My problem could be that somehow an old x264 library is used by mencoder.  I
have no clue how that could happen.  I will try to remove all x264 related
files and reinstall and then also recompile mencoder.  Any other ideas I
could try?

Thanks!
Matyas
-
Every hardware eventually breaks.  Every software eventually works.

--
Matyas
-