[MEncoder-users] Different versions, very different results

Matyas mplayer.list at sustik.com
Sat Jul 25 17:25:13 CEST 2009

Andrew Berg wrote:
> What does the differing bitrate have to do with compression efficiency?
> Since you're targeting a bitrate, the difference here is /accuracy/, not

I am not understanding your question.  I was not trying to target a bitrate.

Both runs used crf=23 in the first pass, all the same parms.  At the end
mencoder prints the bitrate, which I will use in the second pass.

However, from Grozdan's answer it appears I have an x264 issue.  I will take
this to that list.

Thanks.
Matyas
-
Every hardware eventually breaks.  Every software eventually works.