[MEncoder-users] pullup question

Matyas Sustik mplayer.list at sustik.com
Thu Jan 22 09:35:38 CET 2009

Andreas wrote:
> That is what I see with some 1080i recordings. One of my local stations
> mangles some movies so bad that all postprocessing methods fail (mixed
> progressive, telecined and interlaced content all in one recording, and
> on top of that they speed up parts of a movie) .

I tracked down one pattern.  I suspect that a 25fps PAL source was used:
E1   E2  E2+E3  E3   E4   E5  (even lines)
O1   O2    O3   O4  O4+O5 O6  (odd lines)

E2+E3 means they combined only the even lines from two frames.  (Pretty
messed up.)  However, it seems that the original frames could be still retrieved.

Matyas
-
Every hardware eventually breaks.  Every software eventually works.