[MEncoder-users] x264 2-pass, FAAC, smearing

GM errgrr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 14:40:06 CET 2009

Using those options, you are messing up quality.
This is because the first pass will have wrong bitrate distribution when
applied to your second pass.

This means that on scene changes 1-2 frames will be really blurry. You
might not notice it unless you skip frame-by-frame and it might happen
with only some videos, but it will be there due to how 2-pass encoding
works.