[MEncoder-users] a/v sync problems

Alejandro Vargas alejandro.anv at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 10:59:35 CET 2009

2009/2/3 Jon Drukman <jdrukman at gmail.com>:
> I've got a recipe that works for lots of different types of videos,
> using mplayer/mencoder to extract the video and audio and convert to
> H.264.  I use MP4Box to recombine the streams.

In my experiencie, the problems of a/v sync happens when audio is not
compressed/converted at the same time of the video. Try to do ALL the
work using mencoder, or at least, leave the container conversion to
another program but do not compress audio and video in two different
processes.

Even using only mencoder, a process having mencoder -oac copy -ovc
lavc [etc. etc.] can result on a/v sync problems. The solution is
mencoder -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc or something else that encodes both
streams (audio and video) in the same process.