[MEncoder-users] recent significant mencoder slowdown

Matyas Sustik mplayer.list at sustik.com
Thu Apr 23 05:02:39 CEST 2009

Dear Forum,

I experience major mencoder slowdown with recent versions.  The last fast
version I have is r28850.  The one compiled today run 6x slower.

Since others do not mention this, maybe this effects some specific encodes
only.  And of course it is possible that I am doing something foolish.  (I
did not stop all non-essential processes for testing.  I reinstalled the
package created with 'fakeroot debian/rules binary' between the tests.)

How would I troubleshoot what is going on here?  Could this be because of a
compiler issue?  Should I check out the old version and recompile to test?
(I only have the deb package for the fast version.)

Your comments are appreciated.
Matyas
-
Every hardware eventually breaks.  Every software eventually works.