[MEncoder-users] Convert any video file to DVD with open source tools

alkos333 me at alkos333.net
Mon Sep 15 05:03:57 CEST 2008

Ken,

I apologize, but do you mean by top-posting?  I tried an uncompressed
audio by specifying -oac pcm.  The following happens:

Limiting audio preload to 0.4s.
Increasing audio density to 4.
VDec: vo config request - 624 x 352 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is 1.77:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 5 -> 4
SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 5 -> 4
SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 5 -> 4
SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 5 -> 4
[swscaler @ 0x87c8df0]SwScaler: BICUBIC scaler, from yuv420p to
yuv420p using MMX2
[swscaler @ 0x87c8df0]SwScaler: using 4-tap MMX scaler for horizontal
luminance scaling
[swscaler @ 0x87c8df0]SwScaler: using 4-tap MMX scaler for horizontal
chrominance scaling
[swscaler @ 0x87c8df0]SwScaler: using n-tap MMX scaler for vertical
scaling (YV12 like)
[swscaler @ 0x87c8df0]SwScaler: 624x352 -> 720x480
videocodec: libavcodec (720x480 fourcc=3267706d [mpg2])
Writing header...

It gets to this point and just sits there the size of the output file
remains at 0.    Shouldn't the size of the file increase while this is
happening? The CPU runs at 99%, so they are some calculations going on
apparently.

Regards,
alkos333