[MEncoder-users] rip dvd to mkv, ogm, mp4 script

Laine Lee llee at lonestar.utsa.edu
Sun Oct 12 05:56:08 CEST 2008

On 10/9/08 12:19 PM, "Martin Matusiak" <numerodix at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've had a closer look at the issue and I have some confidence that it
> should run now (out of the box, even). Here is the latest:
> http://www.matusiak.eu/numerodix/blog/index.php/2008/10/09/update-on-undvd-pac
> kages/

I'm completely baffled by the above. I searched for undvd by software title
at the Macports page linked from the page which your link above points to,
and did not get any results. But I don't care to install Macports because it
will cause problems for my fink installation. But I didn't use fink to build
Mplayer, anyway. Where can I get the latest perl undvd that you mention
above?

>> How did it get into /usr/share?
>
> /usr/share is a reasonable install location in linux, so that's where
> that comes from. I realize the Mac fs layout is quite different, but
> when you install from MacPorts it lands in /opt/local so it would just
> be /opt/local/usr/share.

OK, thanks.

>> Is there a way to make the perl version use my bash version of
>> /usr/bin/time? Mine doesn't have a -v option. Man says csh shell has a
>> different version, but I don't know how to use it with undvd.
>
> This problem is solved by removing the call to time. It's a somewhat
> useful, but not in any way required thing.
>
> Hope it works for you!

I looked for a call to time in the undvd executable I downloaded from

<http://voxel.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/undvd/undvd-0.7.0.tar.gz>

and from

<http://voxel.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/undvd/undvd-0.7.1.tar.gz>,

but and couldn't find it. Again, there must be something I'm missing. Please
offer what clarification you can. Thanks.

--
Laine Lee