[MEncoder-users] pullup useless?

Daniel Gnoutcheff gnoutchd at union.edu
Fri Nov 28 15:12:13 CET 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-28 at 14:16 +0300, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
> Well, no one said that pullup is universal solution. If detc or ivtc
> work for you, use them (though you should use ivtc=1 with mencoder, and
> corresponding detc options). These filter have their advantages and
> there are cases when they do work better, due to different strategy.

If that's the way things are, then that's cool. It's just that the docs
gave me a different impression; when I read the man page entires for
detc and ivtc, I came away with the message "don't use these, these
suck, they're not being maintained, they're depreciated, use pullup or
filmdint instead". So I thought the fact that detc & ivtc worked and
pullup didn't was something to be really concerned about.

BTW thanks much for the tip about passing parameters to detc and ivtc. I
guess I need to stop reading between the lines of the documentation and
start reading the damn lines. :D

Thanks very much all,
Daniel