[MEncoder-users] Cannot achieve better picture quality with MPEG2 - help needed

Nicolas Hesler nicolas.hesler at sheridanc.on.ca
Tue May 27 19:20:07 CEST 2008

RC wrote:
> On Fri, 23 May 2008 13:38:35 -0400
> Nicolas Hesler <nicolas.hesler at sheridanc.on.ca> wrote:
>

>> Here is the command line (pass 1 of 2 passes) I used for the above
>> example:
>>

> Don't use encoding options you don't (at least basically) understand...
>
> *cmp=2, mv0, and possibly dc=10 are the likely cause of your problems.

The command line I provided was simply a sample.

I did try countless iterations of options.  This just happened to be the
last one I had tried.

dc=10 was in there because if I set vqmin to 1, dc=10 was the only way I
could eliminate strobing artifacts.

mv0, and cmp=2 were taken from the docs. (14.8.3.4. Advanced Options)