[MEncoder-users] number of yuv4mpeg frames does not match audio length

Raimund Berger raimund.berger at gmail.com
Sat May 24 09:42:40 CEST 2008

belcampo <belcampo at zonnet.nl> writes:

>> While not being sure how that answers the OPs question, I don't really
>> want to interfere safe the single observation that this little delay
>> you store there into an edit list atom won't be honoured by the lavf
>> mp4 demuxer on playback, which is the default in SVN. Kind of for your
>> eyes only, to prevent waste of time in idle tests.
> Looking at
>
> Re: [MEncoder-users] Merging H.264/AAC movies [HELP]
> from 05/20/08 22:02
>
> it looks like a current SVN-problem not a general problem as you suggest.

Not sure what you mean by "general", but it seems I said svn.

Again, it depends on the mp4 demuxer. In rc2, it defaults to mencoders
own mov/mp4 demuxer, which does take account of elst atoms. In svn
though, somewhere along the way, the lavf demuxer was made the
default, and that one does not honor edit lists. Obviously, the
latter is a known issue, as it has been noted on that ffmpeg task
list.

The reason I mentioned it here was just to prevent people wasting time
when it turns out that the MP4Box delay parameter has no effect
whatsoever on playback with mplayer svn, *unless* they explicitly turn
on the internal mov demuxer. Apart from that I didn't suggest
anything, as far as I can tell.