[MEncoder-users] mencoder starter needs help

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed May 21 19:18:03 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 01:02:23PM -0400, Andy Civil wrote:
> It seems that most installations can already play mpeg2 because
> it's the DVD format, so I don't think you need to change the video.

Uh, MPEG-2 (unless actually on a DVD) is actually one of the formats
that very, very few people will be able to play.
As someone else has said, really generally playable needs MPEG-1 in MPEG
container.
For Windows only, WMV/WMA in ASF is another possibility (though might be
problematic with Win9x and WinCE if you care about those).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger