[MEncoder-users] Problem encoding raw video output of mencoder

Bram bram at mencoder.as.avontuur.org
Tue May 20 12:03:40 CEST 2008

> > I can't get at just the audiostream without the patch. Is it possible?
>
> -of rawaudio ?
>
> That patch is actually meant to achieve something else some ppl have
> been asking about, i.e. dumping raw video and audio streams
> *simultaneously*. This can be useful in situations where the mencoder
> muxer for the target container format is deficient but a/v sync issues
> should be minimized.

Ah. Exactly the reason why I don't demux and mux using a single mencoder
process indeed. I can now indeed decode audio and video in one go, while
other programs take care of the encoding.

Would a stripped down patch be accepted, or has this been discussed to
death and dropped already?

Thanks for the response.

Best regards,
Bram