[MEncoder-users] Remuxing to mp4 on windows

Nicolas Hesler nicolas.hesler at sheridanc.on.ca
Fri May 9 15:59:27 CEST 2008

> I had -oac faac -faacopts mpeg=4:object=2:br=160:raw
> and the same without ":raw" in there, and neither one produced an aac
> audio file that mp4box was happy with. But I'm game to keep trying.
> Reducing the number of external windows-only executables from the
> workflow is always a goal for me.

The following works for me:

MP4Box -aviraw video h264.avi
MP4Box -aviraw audio h264.avi

(this produces: h264_audio.raw and h264_video.h264)

(rename or copy the audio file so the extension is aac instead of raw)

copy h264_audio.raw h264_audio.aac

MP4Box -add h264_audio.aac out.mp4
MP4Box -add h264_video.h264:fps=24 out.mp4