[MEncoder-users] encoding divx for Dimarson standalone player

Towncat towncat.towncat at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 15:47:13 CET 2008

>> What settings should I try to make the movie playable in the
>> standalone divx player?
>
> -ffourcc DX50

I am a little confused. Can I use the same option with the x264 codec?
(I get a "header damaged" error from mplayer when trying to play an .avi
encoded with this option, so probably not.)

Would it be possible to play an h264 encoded file in the standalone
player? (It can already play .avi-s encoded with -ffourcc DX50 and lavc
and the mpeg4 option.)

Or, when I encode with lavc and the mpeg4 option, does this use h264
encoding? Or divx4/5? Sorry if the questions are silly, I just would
like to understand the concepts and how it works.

Thanks,
	tc