[MEncoder-users] RE: Re: RE: Re: converting and subtitle questions !

zechao wang wzc0066 at yahoo.com.cn
Fri Mar 21 03:16:00 CET 2008

Hello :

My destination is mp4, and it's ovc and oac should  be xvid and aac, or it could not be played in my cellphone.

I have searched about mp4box, and i found it has nothing to do with Linux.
All documentation and software are based on Windows(but i have no Windows).

Yes, quality of the movie is good with 2-pass enc. But it's still avi . And it should be converted to mp4 . I don't know how to do it besides ffmpeg .

My idea is : if i can use xvid to convert to aiv, then i could use command
ffmpeg -y -i $avi -vcodec copy -acodec copy -f mp4 $avi.mp4
to make the destination. With this method, the quality could be maintained i think.

My video is anime .

zwang at wzc:~/Downloads$ sudo /usr/share/doc/mplayer/examples/midentify  mymov.rmvb
ID_AUDIO_ID=0
ID_VIDEO_ID=1
ID_CLIP_INFO_NAME0=name
ID_CLIP_INFO_VALUE0=Ӱӵ۹(bbs.cnxp.com)[rockman_exe_the_movie]
ID_CLIP_INFO_NAME1=author
ID_CLIP_INFO_VALUE1=Ӱӵ۹CNXP
ID_CLIP_INFO_NAME2=copyright
ID_CLIP_INFO_VALUE2=www.cnxp.com(C)2006
ID_CLIP_INFO_N=3
ID_FILENAME="mymov.rmvb"
ID_DEMUXER=real
ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=RV40
ID_VIDEO_BITRATE=0
ID_VIDEO_WIDTH=704
ID_VIDEO_HEIGHT=396
ID_VIDEO_FPS=23.000
ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=0.0000
ID_AUDIO_CODEC=ffcook
ID_AUDIO_FORMAT=cook
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=64080
ID_AUDIO_RATE=44100
ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
ID_LENGTH=2989.00
ID_VIDEO_CODEC=rv3040

zwang at wzc:~/Downloads$ sudo /usr/share/doc/mplayer/examples/midentify  mymov.avi
ID_VIDEO_ID=0
ID_AUDIO_ID=1
ID_CLIP_INFO_NAME0=Software
ID_CLIP_INFO_VALUE0=MEncoder 2:0.99+1.0pre7try2+cvs20060117-0ubuntu8.1
ID_CLIP_INFO_N=1
ID_FILENAME="mymov.avi"
ID_DEMUXER=avi
ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=FMP4
ID_VIDEO_BITRATE=523832
ID_VIDEO_WIDTH=400
ID_VIDEO_HEIGHT=240
ID_VIDEO_FPS=23.000
ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=0.0000
ID_AUDIO_CODEC=faad
ID_AUDIO_FORMAT=28781
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=128000
ID_AUDIO_RATE=44100
ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
ID_LENGTH=2987.22
ID_VIDEO_CODEC=ffodivx

Any ideas ? Thank you !

Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto <please.no.spam.here at gmail.com> дµÀ£º > Hello, sorry for troubling again.

>  If i want to use "-ovc xvid -xvidopts $str", what the $str should be here to instead of "-ovc lavc -lavcopts vmax_b_frames=2:vb_strategy=0:brd_scale=2:mbd=2:trell:v4mv:last_pred=3:predia=3:dia=3:cbp:preme=2:vqcomp=0.6:vbitrate=600:vpass=2:turbo" ?

First, I don't know about Xvid options. Second, my testing has showed
that lavc mpeg4 yields better quality and speed than Xvid. Why do you
want to use Xvid?

Oh, and I forgot to ask. With your latest two-pass encoding (which you
already told me that it worked), was the quality good?

Oh, and so we can help you more, you should tell us something about
your video. Is it a live action movie, or is it anime? Also, use the
command
midentify YOURMOVIE

And post the output here