[MEncoder-users] Next step for taking 1280X720 60p mpeg2 to standard DVD

Laine Lee llee at lonestar.utsa.edu
Fri Mar 7 22:53:09 CET 2008

I got answers that helped me get 24 fps mpeg2 files from my 60p sources, so
thanks for that. I ended up using decimate with these values:
2:1192:.2:4096. That resulted in frame for frame conversion except for
passages of extremely low light and motion, and in those cases only 1 of
every 6 frames was a duplicate, but it's pretty hard to notice. Also, I have
found only a few short passages that triggered that condition.

But I tried to use dvdauthor to make a VIDEO_TS folder and although the
process completed successfully, I wasn't able to find a way to play the
output successfully. So I tried applying "telecine" after "dvd:tsaf" for
mpeg options of "-of mpeg" and was able to get a playable VIDEO_TS folder,
but still had problems on standalone players such as random dropping of
frames and garbled scanning (which were not present when the content was
played back in mplayer).

Can you suggest a method for creating dvd-compatible output using the 24 fps
sources? Thanks.

--
Laine Lee