[MEncoder-users] setting widescreen flag

Reuben Budiardja reubendb at organizedhacks.com
Mon Jun 23 04:47:07 CEST 2008

Hello,
I have .mod files that I copy from hard-drive based camera JVC everio.
Apparentely there is a bug in the files that the so called "widescreen flag"
is not set when the camera records in widescreen (16:9), and as a result,
when I play them in mplayer the movie appears squashed in 4:3. This article
here explain that and gives Windows program as solution to the problem:
http://www.elurauser.com/articles/JVC_Everio_mod_files.jsp (look at "SD video
widescreen video bug" section)

I am wondering if I can do similar thing with mencoder or ffmpeg as I am using
linux system (Fedora 7).

Thank you for any help.
RDB