[MEncoder-users] Encodes for slow laptop

Diogo Franco diogomfranco at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 13:16:55 CEST 2008

Em Sáb, 2008-06-14 às 13:33 +0200, Moritz Barsnick escreveu:
> Put differently: Why do you echo variables instead of just using them?

Actually, I don't know :P

I copyied the basic parser from an old script I made when I used cygwin, and I
don't remember why I put those there. Maybe there was a problem with cygwin's
getopt, and that echo solved that. Or maybe it was I misunderstanding the man
page when it said I must 'eval' the output and 'eval $2' was failing :P

Those echos don't do any harm, and as shell builtins they don't waste time