[MEncoder-users] problem with h264/aac .mp4

Raimund Berger raimund.berger at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 19:20:41 CEST 2008

Alex Samad <alex at samad.com.au> writes:

> [h264 @ 0xb3f440]warning: first frame is no keyframe ??% ??,?% 0 0

Seems to be a muxing/demuxing issue. Personally, I always use MP4Box
for muxing mp4's, mp4creator is another choice. Mencoder let me down a
couple of times on mp4 muxing in the past, and I consider it broken
(or "experimental", if you will, like it says in the docs) although
some folks here try to convince people it's not.

When muxing externally, sync issues might arise though. You'll need to
use -vf harddup and maybe -mc0 , see sync notes here
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-dvd-mpeg4.html
chapters 14.1.9 and 14.1.12.1 .

For testing, make sure to encode just a couple thousand frames, to not
lose too much time.