[MEncoder-users] -ss seek position?

jthompson digitalhillbilly at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 10 07:48:30 CEST 2008

Thank you for the reply!

I agree fully with your conclusion. Not to dis Mencoder - I've used it many times in the past with much joy. This was my first attempt with -ss though. I have tried two alternatives first vlc and after a little trouble got what I wanted though not quite as accurate as I would like. And secondly, just before seeing you had responded, I tried ffmpeg. Once again joy. -vframe works perfectly.

Thank you for the I-Frame math. I'm in NTSC land so a little adjustment and it'll work great.

Thanks again!