[MEncoder-users] Urgent Problem:

James Thomas Snell james at dawning.ca
Wed Jun 4 23:55:48 CEST 2008

Yeah, I've had this problem (though the cause could be totally different)
with mencoder on multiple occasions. Granted it's probably a PEBKAC (user
error), it's still driven me mad to the point of using another tool. Lately,
I'm sorry to say, I've been using ffmpeg instead of mencoder. Not sure if
the projects are related at all, but much of what I love about mencoder I'm
finding in ffmpeg.

I'd happily switch back to mencoder, but I need the a/v sync problem
resolved or there to at least be a more moron-proof means of fixing it from
the user side - cause at the end of the day I need to get my projects done
without having to become a developer for the tools I use. I know - that's an
overly dramatic statement. I really do think mencoder is an outstanding app
and the a/v sync issue is probably not THAT hard to solve, just haven't had
much luck.

So my friend Hareem - maybe give ffmpeg a try if you don't get much of a
response from this group.

Cheers,
  James