[MEncoder-users] aspect ratio (one more time

Philippe MONROUX phi2-monroux at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jul 18 15:48:39 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm encoding in h.264 and I want to keep original size.

command :
mencoder crop=704:544:8:16,hqdn3d=2:1:2,harddup -ovc x264 -x264encopts
bitrate=..... -o video.avi

but when I have a film which is 16/9 letterbox, the result (video.avi)
don't have the good aspect ratio. Of course I can put
"-force-avi-aspect 1.78" at the output level but it is not good if I
take an other output.

So is there another way (at the encoding level for example) to keep
both original zize and aspect ratio with letterboxed film ?

thanks
--
philippe