[MEncoder-users] 2 movies side by side

Reuben Budiardja reubendb at organizedhacks.com
Thu Jan 31 03:47:04 CET 2008

On Wednesday 30 January 2008 8:29:21 am Cristian Baltatescu wrote:
> Hi.
>
> My question is this: can you stick two movies side by side, not one after
> the other? <skip>

Hello,
I don't know if ffmpeg / mencoder can do it withouth doing your alternate
solution below.

> If not, i'm thinking of an alternative solution. I could, i guess make
> png-s of the two movies, one for each frame, somehow stick them togheter,
> resulting in a wider png and then making a movie out of those final png's.

If you decide to do it this way, ImageMagick can combine the JPEGs or PNGs.
Take a look at the section "Parenthesis -- processing images 'on-the-side'"
on: http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/basics/. The option you need
is -append/+append.
I do this regularly for data visualization, and then just make movies from the
resulting wide JPEGs / PNG using mencoder.

RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja
Knoxville, TN, 37921, USA