[MEncoder-users] WMV problems

Steve St.Laurent stevest at centurytel.net
Wed Jan 2 10:27:48 CET 2008

Rich Felker <dalias <at> aerifal.cx> writes:

> Yeah, start by telling us exactly what you're doing that's not
> working, including command lines. I suspect it involves -of lavf and
> flv...
>
> Rich

Here's the complete command line:

mencoder abc.wmv -o abc.flv -of lavf -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=56 -ovc lavc
-lavcopts vcodec=flv:vbitrate=800:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv
:keyint=10:cbp:last_pred=3 -vop scale=320:240 -srate 22050

Originally the command also had -lavfopts
i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames but that's no longer
supported in the version I'm running and as I understand is no longer needed
(I'm running mplayer installed from the FreeBSD ports collection).