[MEncoder-users] Flashvideo for YouTube using mencoder

Ben jultus at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 18:12:22 CET 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 5:18 PM, Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

>  Uh... I thought it was rather obvious that the question is quality _at a
>  fixed bitrate_.
>  Otherwise we'd all be using uncompressed video...

Still, a keyframe is the frame saved in high(er) quality, as I stated before.
So which ever way you put it; Having more keyframes in a movie
would yield an improvement up to the point where it's needed.

The number this was about is the space between keyframes.
That might be confusing some people. It's not setting the amount
of keyframes, it's setting the interval between keyframes. So,
the higher the keyint, the fewer keyframes are in a movie.

JB