[MEncoder-users] changing frame rate

Peter pscientist at inbox.com
Tue Dec 2 05:33:55 CET 2008

Jaime Oliver wrote:
> the audio and video are separate files. forget about the audio.By size I
> mean duration.
>
> So: it is at 50fps and i need it at 30fps.
> Its current duration is (for example) 50 seconds so I need it to last 30
> seconds

I think you have it backwards. If you have 50 seconds at 50fps, then you have
250 frames. If you instruct mencoder to read the input at 30fps then it will
last 83.333 seconds, not 30 seconds.

I have some suggestions:

If you want to read the input file at a rate which differs from the rate the
file thinks it is, then investigate the -fps <fps> command

If you want to set the output file frame rate to something different from the
input, investigate the -ofps <fps> command

If you want to change the duration of the file, by speeding up or slowing down,
investigate the -speed <0.01 .. 100> command

--
Peter