[MEncoder-users] V210 10-bit 422 Output

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 16:40:22 CEST 2008

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 07:24:57 -0700
Larry Reznick <lreznick at idistream.com> wrote:

> It seems to me you would know that because when I added v210 support
> to  codecs.conf I posted how to do it to the MPlayer list and you were
> involved in an aspect of the discussion.

One thread 6+ months ago, and I'm supposed to immediately remember you
or the codec by name, and so is everyone else on this list?

> I want that data as it comes, not processed  through some conversion
> filter that might reduce the quality.

Well, you already have the data "as it comes" in the file.  If the
container is a problem, you could easily use mplayer -dumpvideo.  I
assume you're "decoding" it with MPlayer for some reason...

And as long as you're converting to a color space with a higher
bit-depth, there's no inherent reason for any loss.  Whether libsws is
bit-accurate or not (for speed/quality reasons) is an open question.