[MEncoder-users] Performance on multi core machines - a specific enquiry re avisynth mt input

Michael Rozdoba mroz at ukgateway.net
Sun Sep 30 11:29:08 CEST 2007

Mike Hodson wrote:
> Hi Michael et al,
>
> I have a few opinions (not scientific/proven facts/tested theories)
> about what may be limiting your avisynth to only one cpu.

Thanks for your comments. They're more or less what I was wondering,
though I think you put it much more clearly.

> Please let me know if this helps you figure this out any, as I am
> unable to test any theories (im running linux and have no desire to
> reinstall windows.)

LOL, understood.

Any idea how I might go about establishing this?

Equally, if this is the problem, is it a major task to modify the code
to work around this? I don't mean rewrite MPlayer to be multithreaded,
which obviously would be, but 'just' the way it invokes decoders?

--
Michael Rozdoba