[MEncoder-users] audio sync problens when encoding realtime TV

Roberto Hradec hradec at hradec.com
Mon Sep 24 10:24:37 CEST 2007

Yeah... my first choice was to save straight to MP4... But the mp4
output of mencoder does not play on ITunes. And thats my problem... I
need to generate ITunes compatible files to publish as podcasts.

I endup saving as ASF for no particular reason... I did tests saving
straight to MP4,MPEG, PSP MP4 and AVI from mencoder. All of then save
correclty, with no sync problems (just like asf). But when I try to
remux using mp4creator I get the same problem (just sometimes... again,
the sync problem happens just sometimes when theres loads of frame
droppings).

I've being testing this file-format combinations for about 5 weeks
now... its hard because I need to wait for a frame-dropping situation to
check if the file format is holding or not when de-muxing and muxing
back to mp4. All file formats works fine on 80% of the encodings.

When you say to use YAMB, what exactly you talking about? is there
something on yamb (mp4box) to fix a mencoder mp4 file without
demuxing/muxing it, to be able to run in quicktime/itunes?

maybe I'm missing something here... I would love to encode the video and
just publish it, whitout the need to remux it...

-H