[MEncoder-users] Colorspace Conversion

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 03:55:19 CEST 2007

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 03:40:02 +0200
Tobias Brockamp <tobiasbrockamp at gmx.de> wrote:

> ok i now have uploaded the input raw file:
>
> http://rapidshare.com/files/54809204/color_raw.avi

I can certainly see the purple tint mplayer gives the video.

Most likely because of a bug, the conversion directly from bgr24 to any
of the yuv formats causes that color error.  I've tested on versions as
far back as 1.0pre7, and they demonstrate the same bug, so it's
certainly long-standing.

You can convert it properly in two steps, however.  Converting from
bgr24 to rgb24, then to yuv works.  Just start your filter chain with:
    -vf scale,format=rgb24,scale,format=yv12,