[MEncoder-users] High bitrate mpeg2 encoding problem

Simon Oualid simon.oualid at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 10:25:32 CEST 2007

Hello,

What command line you recommand to encode high constant bitrate mpeg2
(15Mbps, 30Mbps).

I am using -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:vbitrate=15000000 -vf
harddup but the output doesn't match the expected 15Mbps and is unreadable
(I got a 600 seconds movie and the outputted file size is 150Mb).

Here is my complete command line :

mencoder test-highbitrate.avs -o output.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg2video:vbitrate=15000000 -vf harddup -oac lavc -lavcopts
acodec=ac3:abitrate=192 -audiofile f:\026781#02.wav

I tried to use a mpeg-ps container (with -of lavf or -of mpeg).

What command line would you use to encode content at 15Mbps cbr mpeg2, and
mux it within a mpeg-ps file ?

Thank you for your help,

Simon