[MEncoder-users] Trying convert to .mov

Ross Clement rossclement at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 21:39:18 CEST 2007

On 10/6/07, Ross Clement <rossclement at gmail.com> wrote:

> Doesn't work on my computer. mencoder aborts with error messages (see
> later). Which version of mplayer are you using? I'm going to download a
> "subversion snapshot" and see what happens.

I updated my computer to the svn snapshot of mplayer, and a fresh svn
checkout for ffmpeg. It still fails with the same error as before. Though
things have changed, such as the i_certify_blah_blah_does_not_use_bframes
option now being disallowed.

Is the x264 decoder a separate download/install from mplayer and ffmpeg?

Could someone (James, RC), please tell me what output you get from the
command:

grep BUILD /usr/local/include/x264.h

(or other location for x264.h).

I get "#define X264_BUILD 54"