[MEncoder-users] how to rip one DVD title with many chapters?

Forrest Sheng Bao forrest.bao at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 23:15:47 CET 2007

Hi, I used following 2-pass encoding script:

#/bin/bash -x
mencoder dvd://1 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=1 \
    -oac mp3lame -lameopts vbr=3 -o /dev/null \
      -vobsubout Chinese -vobsuboutindex 0 -sid 0
mencoder dvd://1 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:mbd=2:trell:vpass=2 \
    -oac mp3lame -lameopts vbr=3 -o T.avi \
         -vobsubout English -vobsuboutindex 0 -sid 5

Do I need to modify it?

Cheers,
Forrest

On Nov 8, 2007 6:48 AM, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On 11/7/07, Forrest Sheng Bao <forrest.bao at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I have an DVD that has many chapters under one title. But the mencoder
> only
> > ripped the first chapter and then quited as finished. How can I let it
> > continue ripping until all chapters are done?
>
> That shouldn't happen. What commandline did you use? If you used
> "-chapter" option, just leave if off, and things should go fine then.
>
> Guillaume
>
> --
> A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.
>  -- Napoleon Bonaparte

Forrest Sheng Bao,
Department of Computer Science
Texas Tech University