[MEncoder-users] Ripping multiple DVD subtitles all at once

Gustavo Tenrreiro gustavo at tenrreiro.com
Tue Nov 6 23:25:49 CET 2007

Yeah I saw what the documentation suggests ( it gives an example of  2pass
encoding ), which would extract 2 different subtitles ( i.e, en and fr ).
For the 2 pass example that's fine because you'll likely want to encode your
video that way anyway; however, a third pass would take as long as the other
two just for the purpose of extracting another subtitle. The time required
to extract just the third subtitle seems excesive. If I want more subtitles,
well I would have to keep making passes.

So just to confirm, what you are saying is that in order to extract just one
subtitle you have to encode the whole video, even if you already have a
video produced by previous passes ? and there is no alternative to this
scenario.

Thanks