[MEncoder-users] Green artifact with *.wmv files

fabio_calzavara at alice.it fabio_calzavara at alice.it
Tue Nov 6 11:44:31 CET 2007

I' m trying to encode some avi-divx file in *.wmv or *.asf files.
This videos are about some tv-recordered programs.
When I'm using wmv1 or wmv2 the output video shows with Windows media player some green artifact around on-screen text.
With mplayer there are no problems, what type of command may I use (I'm using windows)?

I used this one: mencoder "15.00.00  2.avi" -of lavf -lavfopts format=asf:i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames -ofps 25 -oac lavc -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=wmv1:acodec=mp3:abitrate=218 -o -output.asf

Thank you