[MEncoder-users] settings to convert ATSC HDTV 1080i30 to 720p24

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Thu May 31 16:20:22 CEST 2007

Justin Randall wrote:

>So for most of this feed I can recover progressive content using -vf
>pullup,softskip and that works great, but there also seems to be
>non-teleclined frames in a straight 2:2 interlace pattern at some
>points.  I assume that these points are where the telecline flags got
>screwed up, possibly where bit errors occurred, or where there was a
>commercial.  Hmm interresting, this may be a good way to detect where
>commercials start and end in the broadcast. It appears that the
>majority of the commercials are a full interlace video while the
>actual show is teleclined. Anyway, it's far easier to recover the
>24fps film from 720p content then it is with 1080i content.
>

>Does anybody know if there is a way for MPlayer to detect the PPPII
>PPPII format or if there is no telecline pattern in the source?  That
>way I could write a script to determine if my encode needs to be
>inverse teleclined back down to film (Lost, Heros, sitcoms, etc.) or
>if I need to bob it up to ~60fps progressive (Leno, Conan, news etc.)
>Thanks for your replies everyone.

the code that switches back and forth between 24 and 30 fps in
video.c is completely broken and needs to be either removed
or at least fixed. I'll see what I can do when I have time
(and when my pc comes back to life :) )

 Sponsor:
 Speciale, pacchetti all inclusive per 1 settimana in Kenya, a partire da Euro 1.085. Scopri tutte le offerte
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6605&d=31-5