[MEncoder-users] Bug: floating point exception when converting to DV

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sat May 12 19:10:05 CEST 2007

Levente Novák wrote:
> What is strange that the same SIGFPE reappears. I think no SIGFPE should
> occur normally, it should print an error message instead.

The relevant function in lavf returns an error value, but there is
(currently) no way in mencoder to pass that error back from the muxer,
through the encoder, and up the filter chain.

I don't know if I'll address this; I seem to remember a thread about
muxer return values a long time ago, but I can't find it and I may be
mistaken.

> Also, I don't really understand why the conversion of this FFVHuff AVI does
> not work: the video size is OK and audio is also converted to 2 ch,
> 48000 Hz s16le PCM. Do you see something I missed in my command line?

I don't see anything that should be wrong; please upload the file (or
enough of it to test).

-Corey