[MEncoder-users] Bug: floating point exception when converting to DV

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed May 2 00:30:32 CEST 2007

Levente Novák wrote:
>>> Writing header...
>>> [dv @ 0x862fe48]Can't initialize DV format!
>>> Make sure that you supply exactly two streams:
>>>      video: 25fps or 29.97fps, audio: 2ch/48Khz/PCM
>>>      (50Mbps allows an optional second audio stream)
>>
>> I didn't reply earlier because I don't know what I'm talking about in
>> this case, but...
>>
>> Did you notice the above error? mencoder shouldn't SIGFPE, of course,
>> but following those particular instructions may fix your problem.
>>

> Of course, I provided exactly two streams and yes, these were 25 fps PAL
> resolution 28800 kbps video and 2ch/48kHz PCM s16le format audio. At
> least this is what I intended to provide, and it seems it was indeed OK,
> see these lines:

I'm sorry; I didn't read your original message correctly. Not enough
sleep...

I can reproduce this bug. Sometime in the next day or two, I'll
investigate it, and there's a change I'll be able to write a patch.

If anybody else wants to fix it first, though, I wouldn't mind. :)

> The only thing which makes me dubious is the following:
>
>>> Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
>>> VO Config (720x576->768x576,flags=0,'MPlayer',0x32315659)
>
> AFAIK nothing in my command line told it to rescale to 768x576.

That's ok. Aspect ratio information can be stored in the container or
video codec. When mplayer finds an aspect ratio, it rescales the video
accordingly.

-Corey