[MEncoder-users] Cutting scenes with mencoder

Ivan Arcos hiban8 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 13:26:34 CEST 2007

I have a problem.

I must cut little scenes of a soccer match movie.

I use mencoder for this job.

First, I used mencoder with -ss -endpos options for cutting but it didn´t
cut where I indicated.

Later, I used mencoder with edl file where I indicated the scenes and it
generated a mpg file with the scenes joined. I used mencoder again with -ss
and -endpos options for cutting the scenes of the generated mpg file. My
problem is that mencoder does that the mpg file is more short and endpos
doesn´t correspond cutting a fragment of the following scene.

What do you do? Please help me.

Thank you.