[MEncoder-users] Video and Audio async

larrystotler at netscape.net larrystotler at netscape.net
Fri Mar 23 04:38:28 CET 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: tobiasbrockamp at gmx.de
> Sorry, but this does not solve my problem. I still have different
length of video and audio.
>Just for consideration, i tried to import an AVI-File into iMovie on
my Mac, i then export the
>movie for the iPod. The video file i get is 100%sync, audio and video
have the same lenght.
>I know that iPod is mp4/h264/aac but i also have the problem with this
codecs over ffmpeg
> or mencoder.
>Also interesting is that when i import an AVI which has different
length for video and audio
>into iMovie and export it. The resulting video is 100% sync again. Why
can't ffmpeg or mencoder
> do that? Or do they? When yes, pleaaaaase tell me how!

Ok, when you said that this was a raw avi file, what are you using to
create it, or what was used to create it.  Further, is this an ntsc or
pal format file.  I've heard that if you try to re-encode from pal to
ntsc, sometimes you can get it out of sync.  The reason I ask if that
you specified 25fps, and isn't that a pal format?  I guess unless you
could post the file or a small part for someone else to look at and
try, we can't do much to help.  Also, what version of mencoder are you
using?  Is it a binary, or did you compile it?