[MEncoder-users] encode to flv with sound

sjb ottaky at ottaky.com
Wed Mar 21 18:45:54 CET 2007

Andrei-Ionut Balcanasu wrote:

> I have a peculiar problem with mencoder. I want to encode videos into
> flv format. The problem is that it returned a zero byte size file when I
> want to encode it with sount (lame). When I skip the sound part, the
> encoding is succesfull. What did  I do wrong?

I posted a message about this earlier in the week.

I get the same thing trying to convert an MPEG -> FLV. At least, I do at
home. When I try the same file here in the office it works fine.

On the working version, instead of 'Exiting ..', the output then goes on
to say ..

--- 8< --

MP3 audio selected.
VDec: vo config request - 720 x 480 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 8 -> 8
SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 8 -> 8
SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 9 -> 8
SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 9 -> 8

SwScaler: BICUBIC scaler, from yuv420p to yuv420p using MMX2
SwScaler: using 8-tap MMX scaler for horizontal luminance scaling
SwScaler: using 8-tap MMX scaler for horizontal chrominance scaling
SwScaler: using n-tap MMX scaler for vertical scaling (YV12 like)
SwScaler: 720x480 -> 430x242
videocodec: libavcodec (430x242 fourcc=766c66 [flv])
[VE_LAVC] High quality encoding selected (non-realtime)!
VIDEO CODEC ID: 02f (67%)  0.00fps Trem:   0min   0mb  A-V:0.003 [0:0]
AUDIO CODEC ID: 15001, TAG: 0
Writing header...

etc. etc.

--- 8< --

.. and then does the actual encoding.

I'm going to check the configure.log for the working and non-working
versions tonight to see if there are any significant differences. The
working machine is using old libraries .. which *may* have something to
do with the problem.

sjb