[MEncoder-users] Encoding high bitrate wmv to low bitrate wmv (Windows Mobile Devices)

Eric Martell workoutexcite at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 21:04:30 CET 2007

Hi RC,
  Sorry for top posting. I am attaching the urls for
original wmv,encoded wmv and log file here. This is
the command I use to encode from high bitrate to low
bitrate wmv.

$mencoder FLN0302W.wmv -of lavf -lavfopts
i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames
-ofps 7 -ovc lavc -oac lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=wmv1:vbitrate=30:aspect=4/3:acodec=mp3:abitrate=48
-vf scale=176:132 -o output1.wmv

In the log file it outputs
Video stream:   36.739 kbit/s  (4592 B/s)  size:
533371 bytes  116.143 secs  1697 frames

but when I use Windows Media Player (wmplayer) and
check the properties it shows bitrate > 800 kbs.

Original wmv : http://ezseek.biz/mplayer/FLN0302W.wmv
Log File : http://ezseek.biz/mplayer/mencoder.log
Encoded wmv : http://ezseek.biz/mplayer/output1.wmv

Please advise if you need any more information.

Thanks and Regards.