[MEncoder-users] Re: error while loading shared libraries: libmp3lame.so.0

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Wed Mar 7 11:02:11 CET 2007

On Wednesday 07 March 2007 01:43, Richard Qi wrote:
> Hi lvo,
>
> I tried "export LD_LIBRARY_CONFIG=$HOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_CONFIG", but it
> seems not working.  Since I am not familiar with Linux, I might not run
> that correctly. The path of libmp3lame.so.0 is $HOME/apps/lib, and the
> path of mencoder is $HOME/apps/mplayer/bin. Could you explain more about
> how to perform export command? Thank you.

I see. $HOME/lib should be replaced by $HOME/apps/lib then, like:

export LD_LIBRARY_CONFIG=$HOME/apps/lib

You could add this to your .bashrc (assuming you use the bash shell). If you
add (have added) $HOME/apps/bin to your PATH variable, you can then call
mencoder from anywhere without the need for a wrapper script. Also, it'll
work for future applications and libraries, provided they are installed to
$HOME/apps.

--Ivo