[MEncoder-users] Scrubbable Mpeg-2

Nicolas Hesler nicolas.hesler at sheridanc.on.ca
Fri Jun 29 18:41:47 CEST 2007

RC wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 18:16:40 +0200
> Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at email.it> wrote:
>

>> there's nothing non-standard in mencoder's output
>> (if it were the case you couldn't play those files with
>> other players), except the layout of xvcd format.
>>

> I'm afraid that's not quite true, unless there's some bug in SVN as of 4
> days ago.  At least Adobe Encore DVD rejects the files produced, while
> it accepts mplex's output based on the very same file (second-hand info,
> but reliable).

I brought up Encore a while back.   Encore will accept rc1-3.4.3 if you
set format=mpeg2 instead of format=dvd.  As far as I know, no version of
mencoder with format=dvd will produce Encore compatible files.    I
wouldn't, for a split-second, think that Encore should be used to judge
the compliance of files, though.  It's really picky.