[MEncoder-users] B-frames and GOP with MPEG-2 for DVD

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Fri Jun 8 15:48:33 CEST 2007

Nicolas Hesler wrote:

>Nico Sabbi wrote:
>

>>Nicolas Hesler wrote:
>>

>>>Thanks again for your prompt help.    Why do you say magically?  What
>>>is controversial with those options?
>>>

>>as I wrote, -mc 0 -noskip disables mencoder's mechanism to keep synchrony
>>

>I guess what I meant to ask was :  so mencoder's mechanism for keeping
>synchrony doesn't always work and disabling sometimes keeps sync?

yes

>So even if I get 1 duplicate frame (which seems to be case, in all my
>videos), it could still be in absolute sync?

yes

>How is it that the A-V sync info is not always an indicator of sync?

sometimes, with some crazy containers used in horrible manners
(think of mpeg*, H264 of avi, packed mpeg4 in avi and other amenities)
mencoder doesn't even know the correct timestamps of the original streams,
thus you can't expect it to do a good job in the output stream

 Sponsor:
 Vacanza in Grecia: 7 giorni con trattamento all inclusive in albergo 4 stelle a soli 479 Euro
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6607&d=8-6