[MEncoder-users] How to encode a DVD

James Tripp eliared at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 3 01:36:26 CEST 2007

Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it> wrote:

>what a silly statement! if you had RTFS-ed before posting you would have
>realized that the pulldown code in mplayer is taken from DGPulldown
I can't RTFS actually. I'm just a user.
But i did RTFM and saw the code is taken from DGpulldown.
Regardless; I was stating personal preference, I like doing pulldown after encoding.
and I actually tried mencoder telecine. Result stuttered in Realplayer and where gspot can tell you if a file is internally 23.976 with the mencoder result it couldn't.
Nothing major, but I prefer it my way where even these things work.

>>You'll probably have to demux to elementary streams to author anyway,
>and raise the chance to lose sync...
Again one could say my preference.
My authoring app only takes elementary streams.
I always encode audio and video separately. (to ensure sync)