[MEncoder-users] mencoder/x264

bayrouni bayrouni at brutele.be
Mon Jul 9 20:56:38 CEST 2007

Joey Parrish wrote:
> On 7/9/07, bayrouni <bayrouni at brutele.be> wrote:
>> I am now using mplayer/x264 from svn (just todeay).
>> When I run mencoder -ovc x264 -x264encopts , I get this error:
>> -x264enc is not an MEncoder option
>
> Check configure's output and make sure x264 is detected and enabled.
> If it's not, check configure.log to find out why.  If you can't
> understand it, you can post it here and we can help you.
>
> --Joey

thanks for your reply.

I tried all I know, putting the lib path in /etc/ld.so.conf and runing
ldconfig,  exporting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the x264 lib path, but nothing.

About the configure.log, I get this message:

#include <x264.h>
#if X264_BUILD < 53
#error We do not support old versions of x264. Get the latest from SVN.
#endif

I don't understand, I svn'd both mplayer and x264 this morning (12 hours
ao) from now.

thank for any help.